What is a Vulnerability Scanner?
A vulnerability scanner is a computer program designed to assess computers, networks or applications for known weaknesses such as cross-site scripting, SQL injection and more.
A vulnerability scanner uses a database that contains all the information required to check a system for security holes, then the scanner will try to exploit each vulnerability that is discovered and produce a report. This process is sometimes called ethical hacking.
What is AppCheck?
AppCheck is an automated online vulnerability scanner built and developed by leading penetration testers.
Designed to run in the background searching for security flaws within your websites, applications, network and cloud infrastructure on a set schedule, whether that be out of business hours or continuously.
Deployed as single SaaS scanning system or as part of a distributed scanning network, Appcheck offers unparalleled detection rates, accuracy and scalability.
AppCheck is a UK-based software security vendor offering innovative scanning technology.
Built from the ground up by experienced penetration testers, AppCheck’s aim is to bridge the gap between manual and automated testing tools, giving constant visibility with professional penetration test style reports.
Not only does AppCheck detect vulnerabilities with known signatures, they detect some of the hardest to reach security flaws using a first principles methodology setting them apart from other vendors and resulting is being trusted by some of the worlds most recognised brands.
All licences come with unlimited users meaning multiple departments can run scans against a variety of environments such as live, UAT and SDLC enabling AppCheck software to discover vulnerabilities 24/7 across your whole business.
Offering several UK-based support services tailored to organisations of different sizes and technical understanding, AppCheck really excels at customer service, with access to remediation advice from experienced penetration testers.
• Automatic vulnerability management
• Easy to use vulnerability management dashboard
• Technology agnostic
• Self-configure tailored scans that fit your business with ease
• Scheduled scans for continuous or out of hours scanning
• Simple one-click reporting
• Safe exploitation of vulnerabilities
• Easy remediation advice for discovered vulnerabilities
• Flexible configuration and integrations with common development tools
• Conduct tests throughout the development lifecycle
• Ability to identify zero day vulnerabilities
• Scans test for OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities as standard
• Unlimited users means multiple stakeholders can view and manage vulnerabilities
• Unlimited scanning frequency means vulnerabilities can be discovered sooner
• Reports contain high-level overview and technical breakdown of vulnerabilities to cater to all audiences
• Detailed remediation advice helps quickly understand the vulnerability and potential impacts
• Ability to navigate complex workflows through multi-stage authentication and replicate user journeys
• 56% of breaches took months or longer to discover – to validate the use of an automated tool
• 71% of attacks were financially motivated – to validate the cost of the software licence
• Since 2015, web application breaches are now 13x more likely to occur
[all pulled from Verizon Data Breach Report 2019]
If you ever want to look at targeting specific industries the below report is really useful to pull stats from:
B109, The Linc,Blanchardstown Institute of Technology, Dublin
+353 1 536 7320