IT Deskside Support Agent (Level 1)
Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager, the Deskside Agent is the first point of contact for the users who interact with the Service Desk covering desktop, telephony, networking and business applications in an onsite location, as well as remote support to other offices. While providing a high level of customer interaction, agents are responsible to resolve Level 1 IT requests in a timely fashion and escalate Level 2 & 3 IT requests to the appropriate support and resolver groups. The Deskside agent must have a good balance of basic technical and customer facing skills. The role will report to the IT Service Desk Manager. The Deskside agent will be required to work on staggered shift of (+/- 3 hours) from core business hours when required.
• Serve as the single point of contact for end User ICT requests and support issues.
• Respond to IT requests from all emails, portal, and telephone within the agreed targets.
• Log and assign all IT requests and work requests accurately in the IT ticketing system
• Perform troubleshooting and initial diagnostics of assigned IT tickets, including remote connection to end user devices using remote access tools.
• Perform local installation of PCs, Phones, and other end user devices.
• A basic understanding of networks and basic troubleshooting.
• When required assign tickets to the relevant team member or external IT suppliers and liaise with the resolver until completion.
• Communicate clearly to users in a timely and polite manner and keep the end user informed of the progress of IT requests at all appropriate times.
• Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for incident management.
• Manage creation, modification, and deletion of user accounts (FTP, Active Directory, file permissions) and perform clean-up projects of user profiles, files, email accounts.
• Supporting application such as Microsoft Lync/Skype for Business, conferencing tools such as GoToMeeting, Microsoft Outlook and email archiving tools.
• Highlight/report all major IT issues & risks to the Service Desk Manager in a timely manner.
• Other duties in support of the Service Desk, as assigned by the Service Desk Manager.
Knowledge & Experience:
• 2-3 years’ experience in a computer related support or and IT operational environment.
• A recognised third level qualification in a computer related discipline.
• One or more recognised industry certification in PC, Network and Server support (Comptia A+, Server +, Network +, MCP in Windows 7/8/10).
• Experience with Deployment tools such as SCCM, Intune etc.
• Experience with documentation and improving SOPs and other process documents.
• Maintain adequate knowledge of operating systems and application software in use.
• Familiarity with or a willingness to learn the fundamental principles of ITIL.
• Experience with configuring and supporting any version of Windows desktop (7, 8,10).
• Experience in virtual desktop environment desirable, e.g., CITRIX XenDesktop/XenApp.
• Experience with configuring and supporting Microsoft Office 2013/2016 and/or Office 365.
• Some basic experience with supporting physical networking is desirable but not essential.
Competencies – Business
• Customer focus, and excellent timekeeping are key requirements.
• Good problem-solving abilities and ability to work under own initiative.
Competencies – People
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV with the role you are applying for clearly marked in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org