Lead Test and Development Engineer
Overview of the Role
We have an opportunity for a Lead Test and Development Engineer to join at the early stages of a green field micro services project to implement a web-based application for an important client with multiple end user constituencies.
Development is planned in Java using an appropriate framework (Spring, Micronaut) and utilizing testing and test automation tools to ensure the quality of development.
The successful engineer has implemented a development and test process that assured high quality code was delivered to the client for acceptance testing throughout the iterative development process across multiple phases of product development.
The Lead Development and Test Engineer will report to the Product Manager.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish a development and test process
- Maintain open communications with product manager and project team
- Assure the quality of Production Code
- Assure the quality of Test Code
- Plan and implement tests to assure functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Lead development teams
- 5 years of experience in Software Development and Testing or similar role
- Experience working in a team and leading other developers
- Passion for delivering high quality code
- Good Java skills, knowledgeable in Spring and/or Micronaut
- 5 years of experience of working in an agile, fast-paced environment
- Fearless – not afraid to suggest or back big ideas however disruptive they may be
- Excellent knowledge in testing skills (design test plan and test strategy, writing test cases, executing test cases, opening bugs, verifying bugs)
- Excellent knowledge of modern development processes and the use of automated testing
- Excellent knowledge of micro services web architecture
- Good level in SQL/database
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
What will you get?
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to works in areas you are interested in
- A relaxed and flexible working environment
- The experience you need to progress in your career
To apply, please send your CV with a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
B109, The Linc,Blanchardstown Institute of Technology, Dublin
+353 1 536 7320