October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, and CommSec are committed to helping our customers stay safe online.
Cybercriminals are constantly developing new ways to steal our personal information and financial data. That is why it is more important than ever to be aware of the latest threats and to take steps to protect ourselves.
As a company, we have a responsibility to create a culture of cybersecurity awareness. That is why we’re encouraging all of our customers to become advocates for cybersecurity through their businesses.
Here are some ways you can be a cybersecurity advocate at your company:
- Talk to your colleagues about cybersecurity. Share the latest news and best practices.
- Report any suspicious activity to your IT department. This could include phishing emails, malware infections, or unauthorised access to company data.
- Take advantage of the cyber security training and resources that CommSec offers.
- Encourage your colleagues to do the same.
We have listed some resources below to help you get started. Please share them with your employees and colleagues.
- CommSec Live Conference 12th of October – see agenda and register here.
- Cyber Security Word Search – download Quiz here and Solutions PDFs here. This is ideal for sharing with employees or students
- ENISA’s Essential Guide to Cyber Security for SMEs – Visit Blog Post
- Our monthly email newsletter – The Cyber Cookie sign up here.
- Podcast episode – Interview with David McNamara as he breaks down the 5 Cs of Cyber Security – listen here
- ESCM website has some great graphics and videos from the NCSC – see below and visit website.
10 Not-so-obvious Cyber Security Tips for ESCM 2023
Secure your Home Office
Break the Chain of Ransomware
ECSM Social Post Graphic